Saturday, April 19, 2014

What a week!

This week has been fabulous!

First, I hosted my first ever blog hop and was amazed by what the participants created.


If you haven't already, take a few minutes and hop around.  Each lady did something different and absolutely stunning with the ribbon.

If I haven't said it already, I would like to say "THANK YOU" to all the participants.  Thank you for playing with me and for making it so fun to hop around.  Everything was beautiful.

Second, I received my black belt in Okinawan kobudo (weapons).


This test wasn't as nerve wracking as my last test, but I was still a bit worried.  Luckily, I didn't drop my nunchaku or toss my bo into the crowd.

It was also a bit nerve-wracking because my instructor's instructor attended, along with other "big dogs" who have been doing karate longer than I've been alive.

Everyone did a spectacular job, especially our two senior students testing for 4th black in kenpo.  They impressed the hanshis ("big dogs") so much that our senior students moved from 3rd black to 5th black -- an awesome promotion and well deserved.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog was great fun, Tanya... you should do it again sometime (maybe something that's less hassle than having to mail out components).

    Congrats on your successful testing, also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Tanya! That's quite an accomplishment. And, thank you for sending the ribbons and hosting the hop! It was so much fun to finally work with the ribbon and then add an embroidered component to the journal cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That is a great achievement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tanya! What a wonderful accomplishment, for you and for all the other hard workers there.
    And your Hop was such a pleasure to be a part of ~ Thank You!

    ReplyDelete