Wednesday, September 26, 2012

More Beaded Beads

I was excited to receive my October issue of Beadwork Magazine because it featured the last in a series of five beaded beads.

The Dewdrop Beaded Bead is designed by Cindy Holsclaw.  It's a cute beaded bead that uses tila beads and two sizes of drop beads.


I made this version without the drop beads.


These are cute little beads and I love how the tila beads are framed by the seed beads.  If you would like to see more of Cindy's designs, check out her store, Bead Origami.  I've had my eye on this pattern for several months now.

These were the last two beads needed for me to start work on my piece for Beadwork's Beaded Bead Contest.

The other beads are "Seeing Stars," designed by Melinda Barta, the "Cube Cluster Beaded Bead," designed by Gwen Fisher, "Stargazer Beaded Bead," designed by Florence Turnour  and the "Treasure Trove Beaded Bead," designed by Cynthia Newcomer Daniel.  These beads were published in the past four issues of Beadwork.

Here are my versions of all five beaded beads.  Can you guess what I have in mind for them?

5 comments:

  1. I am so amazed by beaded beads! I need more time in the day ......You know I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beaded beads....still working on mine.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya,
    I love all of your takes on the beaded beads and this last one I like better with out the drops. My guess is that you are going to do something Solar system related. But I know whatever you do it is going to be awesome! Oh and congratulations on winning the book from Nancy Dale.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I love what you've done with all of them! The first Dewdrop beaded bead reminds me of a chocolately dessert, while the second just sparkles with those gold-speckled red beads. I can't wait to see your final piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your beaded beads! The Dewdrop beaded bead is just so elegant!

    ReplyDelete