Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beading Babes Project 6 - short version

Karyn chose an impressive four projects this time around.  Since I have several projects to show you (and you know how wordy I can get), I will keep this post short and move my ramblings and extra pictures to this post.

Our first project was Retro Daisies, designed by Janice Chatham, and published in the April 2012 issue of Bead and Button.


Our second project was the Ripple Effect Cuff, designed by Sherry Serafini, and published in the June 2011 issue of Beadwork Magazine.  I didn't follow the pattern exactly on this one.  I used bigger beads on the ripples and used a different edging technique.


We were all very excited to try a soutache project.  Karyn chose Soutastic Soutache Earrings, designed by Amee McNamara, and published in the June 2012 issue of Bead and Button for our third project.

I finished the earrings, but wasn't sure if I would wear them.  Instead, I linked them together and turned them into a bracelet.


Our last project was Josephine's Collar, designed by Jill Devon and published in the June 2012 issue of Beadwork Magazine.


If you would like to read more about my beading process and see more pictures, check out the longer version of this post here.

If you would like to see even more versions of these projects, please check out Karyn's blog, Releases by Rufydoof for a full list of participants.

Karyn, thank you again for putting this together.  The projects were so much fun and I had a blast trying some new techniques.

0 comments:

Post a Comment