Thursday, September 8, 2011

Copper Jewelry

I've been moving away from seed beads lately. I'm not sure why. I guess I just wanted to try something different.

I borrowed Contemporary Copper Jewelry from the library a few weeks ago and am loving it. I would never have considered myself a metal worker. But now, this seed bead girl is hammering and coiling like a mad woman.

I've completed my first project from this book. It's not perfect, but I'm pleased with it considering my beginner status.

This is my attempt at the Forged Paddle Earrings. I got to hammer large gauge wire and practice spiraling wire.

I had a bit of trouble with the spirals. I found this tutorial from beaducation, which helped tremendously. Even so, it took about 10-20 spirals before I really got the hang of it.

I'm itching to try more projects from this book. There are so many that look interesting. I hope our library isn't expecting this back any time soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment