Tuesday, June 14, 2016

What else have I been up to?

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been doing quite a bit of chain maille.  I'm going to split the projects up into a few posts, just so this one doesn't become a monster post.

There is no way I will remember these in chronological order, so we'll just get to these in no particular order.

The first thing I'll show you is this viperscale bracelet.  It's a Viperscale 2.0 from Blue Buddha.  Unfortunately, I cannot link anything for you because Blue Buddha closed recently.  You should be able to find viperscale instructions, though, if you google.


What makes this bracelet different from your typical viperscale is the smaller ring in the middle next to the bigger ring.  The rings need to have a slightly larger aspect ratio to accommodate the smaller ring.

I loved viperscale so much, I decided to do a few in niobium.  C and T designs has wonderful niobium rings.  I miscalculated the ring size and could not do the 2.0 version, but I think these are lovely anyway.


In addition to viperscale, I finally (and I mean finally -- it took me about 6 months off and on) learned moorish rose.  This weave interlocks six ring mobius units.  I looked at tutorial after tutorial until something clicked.


I've never had an arch enemy, but I think this bracelet came close.  I love how it turned out, though.  It's all copper and it has a nice weight to it.


I made the s hooks on the ends.  They're not perfect, but I don't mind.

That's it for now, but I have more on the way.

3 comments:

  1. Moorish Rose - did you hear my jaw hit the floor? Wow - just wow! Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chain maille is beautiful. The Moorish rose is just amazing!!! Wow! And, I love your hooks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! These are all really gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete