Friday, July 19, 2013

Focusing on Life - 29 of 52

This week, Sally asked us to focus on our routines.

This summer, our routine has been a bit bumpy, to say the least.  The time I generally had to myself during the school year is now spent driving to swimming lessons or playing games with the kiddo.

The routine that has stayed the same, though, is the kiddo's bedtime routine.

First, there is the jawhawk.


Then, there is the music.


The jayhawk is a blanket given to the kiddo by my in-laws.  The kiddo loves this blanket and, every night, she tells it (and my husband) about her day.  It gives her a chance to unwind and remember the cool things we did.

Her music is just as important to her.  I don't know why, but the kiddo loves the song from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."  We start with that, then listen to whatever the ipod decides to play next.  She loves the songs and listening helps her relax and (hopefully) sleep better.

Okay, so this isn't *my* routine.  However, my husband and both love the kiddo's bedtime routine and it really is a family routine.  :)

Please check Sally's blog to see what routines the other participants shared.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely, peaceful part of your day; music is a comfort for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, from previous posts about the "kiddo" I can see why bedtime is so lovingly enjoyed by you and your husband. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am picturing a very sweet family, and a cherished child :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet...I love the music from the Grinch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice thoughts on routines...and I certainly agree with differences between summer and the school year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely routine you have - and such a great way to help your daughter unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet that's a routine that will turn into a beautiful memory forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup! the bedtime routine of the child can be a parent's best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Jayhawk blanket and I can just picture your daughter talking to it each night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know from experience if you child has a routine then it becomes your routine as well. And what a sweet routine it is. I love that her favorite song is from the Grinch.

    Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way for her to end the day. It's great that she reviews each day. I usually listen to music before bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that she gets to talk about her day each night. It must be fun to hear what she thinks was most important or memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a wonderful routine. Enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like a nice routine to me :O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kiddo routine *is* your routine too! It is a lovely moment of the day, when we unwind and relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Their routines are our routines too! It can't be helped : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a lovely routine, and one it sounds like your whole family enjoys.

    ReplyDelete