Friday, February 15, 2013

Focusing on Life - 7 of 52

This week in Sally Russick's Focus on Life challenge, Sally challenged us to "enjoy the beauty of flowers."

My first thought, of course, was, "there are no flowers in February."  I half thought of taking pictures of the dormant rose bushes in our yard.

Then I thought of beaded flowers.  I have several of those laying around.

Luckily, my husband solved my problem for me.  He sent me and the kiddo roses and a teddy bear.  (I'll let you decide which was for whom.)


Because I can't resist, here are a few more pictures.  Not only did I enjoy the blooms, but I enjoyed playing in Lightroom.


Please take a few minutes to visit Sally's blog to see the beauty captured by the other participants.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos the teddy with the rose is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love roses and these are gorgeous! - Michelle #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentine roses are so full of love, but I opt for the teddy bear, he looks so soft and squishy, and ready for a hug! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet husband ... beautiful roses ... great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to get roses (or other flowers) in the middle of winter, don't you think?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love white roses! gorgeous pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pics of the roses!! So cheerful on a winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet, essence of Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love roses n' teddys too. nince photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful roses. The one with the delicate pink edges is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute with the bear holding the rose! :-)

    (no. 45 this week)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous are these! and what a cute teddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The delicateness of that white rose with the tinge of pink - sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That teddy with the rose is too sweet for words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet!!
    The photos of those beautiful roses are processed perfectly. I'm just learning Lightroom, there's a lot too learn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The rose with the teddy bear looks like chocolate! How sweet your husband was to remember both of you. Beautiful effects you got.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What thoughtful gifts and perfect timing! I too thought the first picture was a chocolate rose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh how sweet! LOVE your kiddo's teddy with a single rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a darned cute bear! I'd be half tempted to trade the kids roses for the bear. ;-)

    ReplyDelete