Saturday, December 17, 2011

i heart macro Sunday .. cookie edition

A few years ago, my aunt hosted a cookie party.  This was an all day affair in which everyone brought cookie dough and several of my aunts baked all the cookies.  It was so much fun that it has become an annual event in my family.  

Another aunt has a wonderful sugar cookie recipe.  You know the soft kind of sugar cookies that just melt in your mouth?  That's her recipe.


Sugar cookies by themselves are wonderful, but when you add candy and sprinkles, a kiddo can certainly create a masterpiece.


 And a half dozen kiddos can create several:


And a dozen grown women?  Well ...








I am sorry for the huge number of pictures this week.  I didn't want to leave out a single cookie.  :)






studio waterstone

11 comments:

  1. I do not blame you...I would’t want to leave one out either. They all look yummy. I really like the ones the children decorated. So festive looking. genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm what tasty shots...all are very nice...now I want a cookie....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! I'm going to have to start my baking because I can't reach through the screen and get one of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! Love those cookies the kiddos made. Now I am really really really hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya, You have got my mouth watering I LOVE COOKIES! The ones the Kidos did are so cute.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours,
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!!! Nicely done -- both the baking and the photography!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy yummy!!! beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As if you could leave out a cookie!! What a very special tradition your family has. Did you leave a few crumbs for Santa??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was happy just looking at the M&Ms in the bowl, then the cookies started showing up! MMmmmm.... cookies! Every one looks yummy, but those kiddos sure know how to decorate! Very festive!

    Glad to hear of your family tradition and that you all enjoy yourselves with this nice get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do not apologize - you're pictures are delicious!

    ReplyDelete