Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beadwork Beaded Beads Contest

Can you believe that Beadwork Magazine is 15 years old?  Seriously?  I actually had to go back and look at the date of my oldest Beadwork - Fall 1996.

This alone should tell you two things about me:  1) I keep all my old magazines and 2) I must be pretty old myself.

I did a google search and could only come up with one picture of the Fall 1996 Beadwork, which is available here, in Urban Bear Books's artfire shop.


Why am I suddenly nostalgic?  Well, I stumbled upon this contest Beadwork is hosting in honor of its 15th birthday.  Beadwork Magazine will feature one beaded bead in each of its upcoming 5 issues.  You mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a piece of jewelry using at least one of each beaded bead.  The rest of the contest details are here.

I'm a bit excited about this and am now even more on edge to receive the April/May issue.  Doesn't it look lucious:


I'm curious to know if anyone will be up for the challenge.  As the last issue won't hit the news stands until October, the contest can't officially begin until late October.  The entries will be displayed on the Beading Daily site at  that time, but it still might be fun to have a blog hop of our own.  Maybe even mini blog hops to see the beaded beads as the magazines come out.

What do you guys think?  Is there any interest in beaded beads?

1 comment:

  1. Tanya,
    I just went and read about the contest and it sounds interesting. Maybe the Beading Babes could vote to add the beaded bead of the month to our beading projects.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete