Monday, September 24, 2012

Kalmbach Bead Soup Party - the soup

For my Beadin' Path challenge reveal, click here.

To celebrate the release of Lori Anderson's book, Bead Soup, Kalmbach Publishing is hosting its own bead soup party.  I entered for a chance to receive a bead soup from one of the generous shops working with Kalmbach for this event.

I never, ever, not in a million years, expected to receive this in the mail.


When I saw the envelope, I ran into the house and showed my husband.  He looked at the envelope and back at me with a puzzled look on his face.  He clearly doesn't understand "bead soup."

My soup is from Advantage Beads, which, I noticed, is located in Wichita, KS.  We live a bit north of Wichita, but it's nice to know there's a great bead store waiting for me if I ever make it down there.


As a rule, I love anything pink and anything sparkly.  This soup hit both of those.  When the kiddo saw the soup, her eyes grew wide.  That's my girl.  Pink and sparkly stop her dead in her tracks.

Please check back in October to see what came of the soup.

2 comments:

  1. Those are definetly beads for a sweet little girl! Can't wait to see what you create - I am sure it will be stunning! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tanya, Have fun and I will be back in October to see what wonders you made with your very pretty pink soup.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete