Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kalmbach Bead Soup Party - the reveal

To celebrate the release of Lori Anderson's book, Bead Soup, Kalmbach Publishing is hosting its own bead soup party.  I entered for a chance to receive a bead soup from one of the generous shops working with Kalmbach for this event.

I received this soup from Advantage Beads in Wichita, KS.  


I wanted to use only beads from my stash for this project and the color palette of my soup made it easy.

I started with a cabochon that's been sitting in my stash a bit too long and created a focal inspired by Lisa Kan's Corsage Cuff, published in the February 2009 issue of Beadwork.


I started a spiral rope and based on Scarlett Lanson's "Aegean Sea" necklace in the October/November 2009 issue of Beadwork.  I was able to incorporate the bead soup beads here and there in the rope.


I found the fuchsia crystals and pink pearls in my stash.  Both were either left over from something or bought for something else and never used.  I thought the blue seed beads brought a nice "pop" of color and echoed the colors in the cabochon.

I really love the end result.


I love how all the different beads work together and add interest to an otherwise boring spiral chain.

Thank you to to Advantage Beads for providing the soup and to Kalmbach Publishing for putting this whole thing together.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya,

    I can say that the party was great and the beading work is really fantastic. I would love to say that beauty can bring beauty. The result is expressing your beautiful thoughts of beading. Always Good luck. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that pretty color palette! You did a wonderful job - as always - on your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is Beautiful! the ruffles around the cab are fantastic and the rope, with all its bits and pieces, could easily stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and I love the pop of the blue too! Here I was just feeling good about learning Tubular Herringbone....and then I see your rope....laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole thing is gorgeous, but that rope? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love it - such a gorgeous design through and through!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is Fan-freaking-tastic! I love all the texture and different weaves that you used. I finally started on my piece! I have a long way to go. I hope you and yours are doing well Tanya. I always read your blog (one of my favorites) even if I do not always comment. Your work is just so inspiring to me! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. This beautiful - really love it and you are right the little smitches of blue really pops.

    Bead Soup Mix

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is just stunning, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete